You may be the office presentation pro but being out of your comfort zone comes with a host of new challenges. Most travelling business people know this. That’s why business presentations away from home are so stressful.
Presentations are often stressful. Hundreds of business books will tell you you’ll be fine if you know your presentation and keep eye contact with your audience. But, not everything goes as planned, which is why we’ve put this handy checklist together for you:
- Ask what display system is available when booking a hotel conference room or boardroom.
- Load any software required before you leave for your business trip.
- Test your presentation at the office before leaving for your trip. Check that all your audio and video files are working.
- Pack a HDMI cable, an adapter, a USB device, your power cable and laptop all in the same bag. This will ensure you don’t forget or leave anything behind.
- Find out where the light switches and plug points are in the presentation room. Make sure you’ll be able to plug your laptop in during your presentation.
- Find out where the toilets and emergency exits are located. This info will help you assist your guests and make you feel more confident about your surroundings.
- If you’re using a microphone, make sure you are audible and the sound is clear. Also, check the placement of the speakers, as you don’t want to deafen your audience.
- Set up a time to test your presentation on the display system provided. We suggest doing this the day before your presentation, so changes can be made if need be.
- Connect to the display system 5-10 minutes before your presentation is scheduled to start. If there are any issues, you’ll have time to sort them out.
Another factor that will help with your pre-presentation jitters – knowing your clients will be taken care of during your presentation and throughout your meeting.
The right venue for a big presentation or conference makes the event less stressful. It also gives you the time and freedom to focus on your presentation.
A good venue will take several things off your plate, so you can prepare for your meeting. Small but significant things such as providing you and your guests with coffee and tea. As well as, giving you meal options, should you need to supply lunch, and making sure water is available.
Looking for a venue for your next conference or business pitch? Why not make a booking at a City Lodge Hotel? Fairview Hotel, Courtyard Hotels and City Lodge Hotels are equipped with elegant boardrooms, WiFi and convenient parking – an ideal environment for business travellers.